Sammie Okposo Biography: Age, Death, Net Worth, Cars, Houses, Children, Wife, Dead, Mansion, Songs, Married, Church, Causes Of Death, State Of Origin, Instagram, Family, Old Songs & More
Sammie Okposo was born on May 30, 1971, in Delta State, Nigeria. When he was younger, his father had pushed him to seek a profession in accounting. He was a native of Nigeria’s Delta State.
But when he started playing the piano at the age of nine and felt the exhilaration from doing his tasks, his passion in music really took off.
When he was ten years old, Sammie Okposo played the piano in the church. He was rumored to be related to the senior pastors of House on the Rock Worldwide, Mr. and Mrs. Adefarasin.
|Full Name:||Sammie Okposo|
|Date of Birth:||May 30, 1971|
|Date of Death||November 25, 2022|
|State of Origin:||Delta State|
|Occupation:||Gospel singer • Producer • Psalmist|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
Sammie Okposo: Early Life and Education
Sammie Okposo was born in Delta State where he grew up alongside his siblings. While growing up, his father wanted him to be an accountant.
He had his primary and secondary education in Delta State, the South South region of Nigeria.
He began showing interest in music when he was 9-year-old, playing piano which fueled his passion for music.
Sammie Okposo became the official pianist in his local church when he was 10 years old.
Sammie Okposo: Career
Sammie Okposo officially launched his production career in 1992 following his decision to join the Nigerian Movie Industry as a Sound Track Producer before venturing into Music Production.
He came into spotlight in 2000, after he released his debut album, ‘Unconditional Love‘ which houses hit single such as ‘Welu-Welu’.
Sammie Okposo had performed on the same stage with Deitrick Haddon, Jonathan Nelson, Micah Stampley, Maxi Priest, Shaggy, Missy Elliot, Benjamin Dube, Judith Sephuma, Sonnie Badu, Uche Double-Double, Lionel Peterson, Angelique Kidjo, Koffi Olomide, Awilo Logomba, John Legend, Kirk Franklin, Don Moen, Jessy Dickson, Ron Kenoly, Cece Winans and Nicole Mullen.
The singer was a Glo Ambassador for ten years and has now become a United Nations Peace Ambassador.
Sammie Okposo: Awards and Recognitions
Here is the list of Sammie Okposo’s awards and recognitions.
- 1994 – Most Promising Male Artiste (Fame Music Awards)
- 1997 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1998 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 1999 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 2000 – Best Sound Track (The Movie Awards, Nigeria)
- 2001 – Best Gospel Artiste Amen Awards, Nigeria
- 2002 – Gospel Artiste of the year (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2002 – Best contemporary gospel Artiste (Power of Music and Praise Awards)
- 2003 – Best Male Gospel Artiste in Africa Nominee (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2005 – Artist of the year (Teen Choice Awards)
- 2005 – Best remix Album (CNA Awards)
- 2005 – Best Male contemporary gospel Artiste in Nigeria (Amen Awards)
- 2005/2006 – Best Male Gospel Artist in Africa (Kora Awards, South Africa)
- 2006 – Best Sound and Music Score – Amazing Grace (Nigeria Movie Awards)
- 2006 – Gospel Artist of the year (Nigeria Music Awards)
- 2006 – Best Gospel Artiste in English (Afro Hollywood Awards UK)
- 2007- Gospel artist of the year (Nigeria Entertainment Awards, New York)
- 2008 – Best contemporary Gospel Artiste (Nigerian Music Awards)
- 2008 – Best Gospel Video (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2010- God zone award for excellence in entertainment (GOD ZONE Awards)
- 2011- Best music video producer (Nigerian Music Video Awards)
- 2012 – Grass root ambassador of the year (Real Soccerfest and CAN)
- 2012 – Trailblazer award (African Gospel Music Awards U.K)
- 2012- Best male Christian artiste (Pastor Bimbo Odukoya Foundation awards)
- 2012- Positive impact awards (Inside Out media awards)
- 2013 – Artiste of the year at the Crystal Awards, Nigeria
- 2013 – Album of the year (The Statement) Crystal Awards, Nigeria
Sammie Okposo: Wife, Children & Personal Life
Sammie Okposo is happily married to Ozioma Okopso and the union is blessed with lovely children.
Sammie Okposo offered a public apology to his wife, Ozioma, via his Instagram page on 24 January 2022 for his infidelity. The apology came a day after a lady, known only as African Doll, accused him of impregnating her and abandoning her.
The gospel musician told his fans that he would be taking a step back from his ministry to focus on restoration and seek forgiveness. He initially deleted his social media handles, but restored them a few days later.
Sammie Okposo: Death
According to reports, Sammie Okposo died on the 25th of November, 2022 after slumping at an event.
The real cause of his death is yet to be revealed.
Sammie Okposo: Net Worth
Sammie Okposo is a top Nigerian gospel singer with an estimated net worth of $1 Million.
Leave a Reply